Background of the hospital
Nkozi Hospital is a Private Not for Profit (PNFP) Hospital owned by Kampala Archdiocese. It was founded by the White Sisters of Our Lady of Africa from the Netherlands in 1942. The management was transferred to the local congregation of the Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Reparatrix- Ggogonya, Kisubi, who currently run it under the guidance of the Board of Governors.
The Hospital enjoys good collaboration with the Government of Uganda and the Hospital serves as the referral health facility for Mawokota South Health Sub-District. It is accredited by Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau (UCMB).
Functions of Nkozi Hospital in the HSD:
Nkozi Hospital as the headquarters of the Health Sub District, offers the following services exceptional to all Lower Level Health Units.
- Implementing Government/Ministry of Health Policies namely the HSSIP, HCT etc.
- Planning, budgeting and monitoring of work plans for the lower level health units and the entire Health Sub District especially on the use of the Primary Health Care funds and delivery of the Uganda National Minimum Health Care Package.
- Carrying out regular support supervision to the lower level health units.
- Avails additional services like:
- Surgical services - has an operating theatre.
- Ultra- sound scan services
- X-Ray services
- Supervision of medical students
- Renal and Liver function tests.
- CD4 count
Nkozi Hospital operates 24 hours and offers preventative, curative and promotive health services both on site and in outreaches.